Today we travel into the pure world of sci-fi to investigate the much vaunted, mysterious potential future event known as 'The Singularity'. What will a machine consciousness mean for humanity? What are the ethical, political, military and philosophical implications of strong A.I.? And what would an AI sound like when spitting rhymes over a dope beat? All this and more shall be revealed in Rap News 28: The Singularity - featuring a special appearance from famed technocrat, futurist and inventor, Ray Kurzweil, in full TED talk mode; everyone's favourite warmonger, General Baxter; and we welcome back the dauntless info warrior Alex Jones, who last made an appearance in RN6. Join Robert Foster on this epic Sci-Fi quest into the future/past of humanity.
Written & created by Giordano Nanni & Hugo Farrant in a suburban backyard home studio in Melbourne, Australia, on Wurundjeri Land.
☛ CONNECT with us on:
* Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/juicerapnews
* Farcebook: https://www.facebook.com/juicerapnews
* Website: http://www.thejuicemedia.com
* Join our Mailing List to stay up to date with new videos: https://thejuicemedia.com/subscribe
* This episode features two incredible pieces of music.
1) 'Forces of Tyranny' by Dysphemic. Can be heard as part of this epic mix:
2) 'Eye Earth pt 2' by Sk'p http://soundcloud.com/skiponline/eye-...
* A.I. acting by Zoe Amanda Wilson (AKA Zoe Umlaut)
* A.I. voice by Lucy Cahill
* All other acting by Hugo & Giordano; all other vox by Hugo.
* Video effects, animations and TED background created by Jonas Schweizer (aka Kookybone)
* Sci-fi props by Zoe Umlaut of Umlautronics
* Make up for Alex Jones and Ray Kurzweil by Rosie Dunlop
* Filming assistance and syncing/keying by Damian Tapley
* Wigs styled by Rose Chong costumiers
* Thanks to David Rawlinson for writing the code for A.I. Consciousness boot up; and for many conversations about singularities; to Adam Ferguson for feedback on script; to Bill Skermer for lending his megaphone to Alex Jones; and to Jason Chalmers for lending his Keytar to Ray Kurzweil.
* Captions sync'd by Koolfy from http://nurpa.be
* Website assistance by Zoe Tame: http://www.visualtonic.com.au
* Video and music edited by Giordano.
* FREE hi-quality MP3: https://soundcloud.com/juice-rap-news...
* LYRICS: http://www.thejuicemedia.com/lyrics
☛ SUPPORT the creation of new episodes:
* Donate: http://thejuicemedia.com/donate
* BitCoin: 12RYnXS1vAD9iUZJ4xb2hmehvitAREsF1f
* Thanks to Koolfy for creating the English captions
* Thanks to Jonas Maebe for creating the Dutch translation
* Thanks to FL-Bremen for creating the German translation
* Thanks to Tamara L for creating the Serbian translation
* Thanks to Jonathan Barner for creating the Hebrew translation, and many congratulations to him from Juice Rap News on the occasion of his marriage! =)
* Thanks to Lia D for creating the Finnish translation
* Thanks to Prokhor Ozornin for creating the Russian translation
* Thanks to Julie Chatagnon for creating the French translation
* Thanks to Helena K for creating the Italian translation
If you would like to translate our episode into your language, please contact us:http://www.thejuicemedia.com/contact
The goal is to go 100% ad-free by next year and become 100% member supported. Would you be willing to make a monthly pledge? A few dollars per month times the power of a few thousand awesome people will get us to where we need to be. Click here to join.
If you'd prefer to make a one-time donation, you can do that here. Many thanks!