Catalonia is at the forefront of new economic thinking. They are a region rich in social currencies and in projects and people creating functioning post-capitalist societies. In June 2015, while in the midst of arranging the launch of the Exeter Pound, a local currency for Exeter, Adam and Hannah raised the money to travel to Catalonia and interview some on-the-ground members of these post-capitalist networks to get a glimpse of how and why they are forming.
The film is a selection of interviews and is divided into five topics of discussion:
1) The Cooperativa Integral Catalana - a cooperative which replaces existing capitalist functions;
2) Social currencies - local alternatives to national currencies;
3) Cryptocurrencies - global alternatives to national currencies;
4) Civil Disobedience - bending or breaking rules for the benefit of people; and
5) the notion of a Devon Integral Cooperative - that something like the CIC could happen in the UK.