In this interview with Professor of Economics Emeritus (University of Massachusetts) and founder of Democracy at Work, Richard D. Wolff talks about bankruptcy protection, debt jubilee, students debt and the function that a credit system serves in our society today.
- Why are individuals guaranteed bankruptcy protection and nation states are not?
- What is debt jubilee? What relevance does debt jubilee have in today's day and age?
- Why are students and working class people taking on more and more debt?
- Why are students particularly vulnerable to predatory lending?
- Is debt being used by financial institutions as a system of control?
All of this and more is addressed in this video.
Our Patreon campaign is now live. The goal is to go 100% ad-free by next year and become 100% member supported. Would you be willing to make a monthly pledge? A few dollars per month times the power of a few thousand awesome people will get us to where we need to be. Click here to join.
If you'd prefer to make a one-time donation, you can do that here. Many thanks!