Climate change got you down? Don't despair. Here's a visual exploration of what you can do to make a difference, featuring art, video, and dinosaurs.
Follow these great organizations on Twitter: 350.org, NRDC,Greenpeace, Grist, 1Sky, Sierra Club
GET A LITTLE HELP FROM YOUR FRIENDS:
- Take action in your community to build the future you want (not the one you fear).
- Connect with like-minded people. (Twitter can help to connect you.)
1. DOES YOUR CITY HAVE A PLAN? Use Google to find out if your region has a mitigation and adaptation plan for climate change, like Toronto and New York have. (And if they don’t, then press your local politicians to develop one!)
2. MAKE YOUR OWN PLAN: Develop your own personal mitigation and adaptation plan. There are many actions each of us can take to protect ourselves and our property from floods, heat waves, power shortages, water shortages … etc. See the resources below for ideas such as this one from the Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction: Handbook for Reducing Basement Flooding [PDF].
3. TAP INTO ENVIRONMENTAL NETWORKS: Get the ball rolling by participating in environmental action, or financially supporting environmental organizations.