Films For Action PPV is a complementary alternative to services like Vimeo On Demand, VHX, iTunes, and Distrify.
Here's how our service works:
- You choose the rental and/or purchase price (for digital downloads).
- We help promote the film on our social media networks (900,000 fans on Facebook, 15,000 on Twitter and 40,000 via our email newsletter). We also feature the film in various ways on the site.
- You and FFA split the revenue 90/10 (creator/FFA) after the transaction fee is subtracted (the industry-standard 2.9% + 30 cents).
- We've partnered with Stripe (used by Lyft, NPR, Kickstarter etc) to handle transactions, analytics, and payments to film-makers, offering flexible payment options.
- Films For Action PPV films are made available worldwide and are non-exclusive.
- No contract necessary. Like Vimeo, we put all that legal jargon in our Terms of Service. You will always be in control of your video (the sale price and availability of the film are always up to you). If for any reason you wish to discontinue the service, or rights you grant a distributor conflict with us selling your film, you can email us at any time and we'll edit the web page for your film as desired.
- We review and hand-pick every PPV film and only feature films that we are passionate about promoting.
Check out Inhabit or A Quest for Meaning, two of our favorites, to see how our PPV films are presented.
If you're a filmmaker or distributor and would like to feature your social change documentary on Films For Action, we hope you'll get in touch! We'd love to work with you.