We want Films For Action to be a clearinghouse for the ideas, knowledge, and perspectives essential to creating a more just, sustainable and beautiful world.
We look for content that:
- Has a long shelf-life - aka "evergreen" content - containing information and ideas that will remain relevant and useful for people browsing the site months or ideally years later
- Offers a progressive perspective not covered by the corporate media
- Will be relevant to an international audience (1/3 of our traffic comes from the US, the rest comes from all over the world)
- Focuses on the root problems or the root solutions
- Cover stories of people living and building the world they want, now
- Is fairly non-partisan and avoids unnecessary antagonism, divisionary rhetoric, over-the-top or in-your-face emotional appeals, fear-mongering, hype, etc
- Expands our ability to experience universal empathy and compassion for all people and the planet, and avoids appeals that reinforce artificial divisions (including nationality, political affiliation, race, culture, religion, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, immigrant status, etc)
- Includes suggested actions
You can browse our most viewed content and highest rated content if you'd like some examples.
New Member Submissions Go Through Our Spam Filter
To prevent spam, we manually approve all new member submissions. After a few of your submissions have been rated well by our members or staff, your submissions will automatically be approved and will be ready for sharing.
Don't cheat the system...
Please do not ask your friends to up-vote your submissions or create dummy-accounts to up-vote your submissions. Let our impartial community and staff decide what to feature. Users that skew the voting process risk getting their content hidden and posting privileges removed.
The best way to see your submission featured is to 'test it in the wild" by sharing it on social media (Facebook, Reddit etc). If it gets a lot of shares and views, it will naturally show up in our "trending" section on the homepage and on every content page. We gave our Trending section top billing because it offers more social proof of quality over our rating system.
Publishing an original writing and new to the process?
You can bookmark these links if you plan on adding content regularly:
(Create List is excellent for creating great looking top 10 film/article lists, which you can add to articles)