In this interview with Professor of Economics Emeritus (University of Massachusetts) and founder of Democracy at Work, Richard D. Wolff talks about bankruptcy protection, debt jubilee, students debt and the function that a credit system serves in our society today.
- Why are individuals guaranteed bankruptcy protection and nation states are not?
- What is debt jubilee? What relevance does debt jubilee have in today's day and age?
- Why are students and working class people taking on more and more debt?
- Why are students particularly vulnerable to predatory lending?
- Is debt being used by financial institutions as a system of control?
All of this and more is addressed in this video.
If you feel like you get some value from this library, consider making a donation today. Every little bit helps.