We officially launched the pay-per-view section of our website in April 2015. See our full statement about this new section here.
Our mission is to provide the most definitive library of social change films in one place on the internet, available to watch for free or for a few dollars. With this in mind, launching our own PPV player felt like a natural fit.
Films For Action Pay-Per-View (FFA PPV) is a complete or complementary alternative to services like Vimeo On Demand and VHX.
Here's how it works:
- The filmmaker chooses the rental and purchase price, as well as the rental duration.
- The revenue is split 80/20 (creator/us) after the transaction fee is taken out.
- We've partnered with Piano.io to handle transactions, analytics, and payments to film-makers, which pay on a net-30 basis.
- We help the film-makers by promoting the film to our social media networks (870,000 fans on Facebook, 13,000 on Twitter etc). We also feature the film in various ways on the site (which receives 500k to 1 million visits per month on average).
- FFA PPV films are made available worldwide.
- No contracts and non-exclusive. If for any reason you wish to discontinue the service, or rights you grant a distributor conflict with us selling your film, you can email us at any time and we'll edit the web page for your film as desired. This has yet to happen but if needed we can convert the page to display the trailer and offer the link where the film can be watched.
- We review and hand-pick every film for our PPV section and only feature films that we think are worth paying for. After all, there are a ton of amazing free films always waiting as an alternative.
If you are a film-maker and would like to feature your social change doc on Films For Action, feel free to get in touch.