The right wing billionaire press are using pavlovian techniques to illicit a conditioned response from the nationalistic mindset. One that is conditioned in the majority of us since birth. In some it swells with pride just at the name “England.” (Or the respective country where such conditioning has been received.) Rituals, sports and national centric history. Tribe. The developed world. Civilised. Self aggrandisement. Superiority. Winners.
How did that environment become affluent I hear you cry? Mainly through genocide, exploitation and theft. The grand chess board. It seems globalisation is a continuation of that process all but in name.
Intentions of dominance justified by Gods blessing and the worthless savage other. Eugenics a hybrid of such a thought process justified by pseudo science. Aberrations of “natural” order. Economic eugenics the next phase being practised. Aberrations of a successful economy. Yet the reality is the relationships that we call the “economy” creates the conditionality that people need to flee from. The engineered financial networks across the globe ensure the continued impoverishment that keeps people desperate, which in turn provides wage slave labour. The institutions planted through colonialism and subsequent cultural value systems create the order of exploitation.
Those who are misdirecting and misinforming people are profiting from the current order of things. An order that exploits and in its exploitation creates the environmental and social instability that cause people to seek to live elsewhere, cause people to risk their very lives in their search. War, pollution, exploitation and inequality of distribution are all essential in maintaining the order. The truth is the world is a giant sweatshop.
The affluence is a source of pride of which justifies further domination. The foreigner is not worth thinking about ergo their pain or suffering of no consequence thus their exploitation for our affluence in foreign lands acceptable. Everyone is doing it after all. If it wasn't us it would be some “other”.
The corporations, the billionaires and those under their influence need the inequality, the desperation, the war to survive. It's how they make their wealth. It is not in their interest to see environmental balance or peace enacted.
Much land that could guarantee access of food and the like is out of bounds dedicated to feeding the insatiable desire of greed and profit. It is better that people forced to live with such unequal distribution starve or freeze than potential profits be lost. The shareholder looking for an easy way to make their accounts bulge with digits. The consequence of no consequence to them. Filling the world with non essential pointless tatt/stuff and poison so a few can live in luxury. Fellow human beings being held at gun point as they mine for minerals of value for those who wish to wear it as a status symbol.
The other choice is to condemn future generations to a worse situation than today. What parent would wish that for their young? What loving human being would want that for their fellow brothers and sisters? Or for anyone’s young? #prioritycheck
(1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3dR7u7TPNo - The National Anthem - God Save the Queen
(2) http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/donnachadh-mccarthy/lib-dem-conference_b_4914266.html - The Prostitute State
(3) https://youtu.be/E42_DBXygUM - Slavery Isn't Over They Just Changed What They Called It
(4) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD7x6jryoSA&feature=youtu.be - The Canary Effect (The grim legacy of America's treatment of its native peoples)
(5) https://youtu.be/eWjGteDg9VE - Rabbit Proof Fence - Unwanted Third Race
(6) http://www.centreforwelfarereform.org/uploads/attachment/456/work-capability-assessment-deaths-and-suicides.pdf - Work Capability Assessment: deaths and suicides
(7) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWSxzjyMNpU - Global Wealth Inequality - What you never knew you never knew
(8) http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/dec/04/british-workers-suffered-biggest-real-wage-fall-major-g20-countries - British workers suffer biggest real-wage fall of major G20 countries
(9) http://socialistworker.co.uk/art/40443/Billionaires+double+their+wealth+-+while+we+face+record+fall - Billionaires double their wealth - while we face record fall
(10) http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats. - Poverty Facts and Stats
(11) https://www.dissentmagazine.org/article/chinese-workers-foxconned - The suicide nets are still there. Foxconn, the giant electronics manufacturing subcontractor, installed them in 2010
(12) http://www.taxjustice.net/cms/upload/pdf/Price_of_Offshore_Revisited_120722.pdf - The Price of Offshore Revisited
(13) https://youtu.be/QxxOIfrtYYY - Shock Doctrine Documentary
(14) https://youtu.be/RVsB07CcSNw - Confessions of an economic hitman
(15) https://youtu.be/RM0uvgHKZe8 - Madeleine Albright - The deaths of 500,000 Iraqi children was worth it
(16) https://youtu.be/t_mA9L1DSr8 - Would You Still Buy That Dress After Watching This?
(17) https://youtu.be/YkwoRivP17A - Tar Sands Oil Extraction - The Dirty Truth
(18) https://youtu.be/qlsyjfwkIwU - Coca Cola's unethical practices in India - HRM project
(19) https://youtu.be/14o_a42SwYY - Sweatshops Exposed
(20) http://www.carbonbrief.org/blog/2014/01/uk-tops-list-of-world%E2%80%99s-biggest-greenhouse-gas-emitters/ - UK tops list of world’s biggest greenhouse gas emitters
(21) https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2011/06/28/banks-trade-food-as-world-goes-hungry/ - Analysis: Banks trade food as the world goes hungry
(22) http://www.fuelpovertyaction.org.uk/uncategorized/dying4heat-iv-2 - DYING4HEAT IV: Unacceptable, accepted murder
(23) http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/green-living/the-worlds-rubbish-dump-a-tip-that-stretches-from-hawaii-to-japan-778016.html - The world's rubbish dump: a tip that stretches from Hawaii to Japan
(24) http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2015/aug/01/vedanta-zambia-copper-mining-toxic-leaks - Zambian villagers take mining giant Vedanta to court in UK over toxic leaks
(25) https://youtu.be/eThlmx7w9r0 - BLOOD DIAMONDS--The True Story
(26) http://www.theecologist.org/News/news_round_up/2890376/fracking_surge_follows_tory_election_win.html - Rise in the share price of many fracking companies since fracking-friendly Amber Rudd was selected
(27) http://armingallsides.on-the-record.org.uk/about-the-arms-trade-now/ - UK routinely supplies regimes that have appalling human rights records and countries in conflict.
(28) http://www.spinwatch.org/index.php/issues/climate/item/5765-access-all-areas-frackers-lobbyists-and-the-revolving-door - Access all areas: Westminster's (vast) fracking lobby exposed
(29) http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/everything-is-rigged-the-biggest-financial-scandal-yet-20130425 - Everything Is Rigged: The Biggest Price-Fixing Scandal Ever
(30) http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/05/economist-explains-why-few-bankers-gone-to-jail - Why have so few bankers gone to jail?
(31) http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/aug/03/former-city-trader-tom-hayes-convicted-of-libor-rigging - Former City trader Tom Hayes given 14-year sentence for Libor rigging
(32) http://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/jul/07/bob-diamond-barclays-libor - Former senior Barclays employee says bank executives would have been told about interest rate fixing concerns in 2008
(33) http://www.statista.com/statistics/263265/top-companies-in-the-world-by-revenue/ - The 100 largest companies in the world ranked by revenue in 2015 (in billion U.S. dollars)