Wall of Films
Log In With Email
Log In With Facebook
Want to change the world? Start a chapter in your city:
Crescent City, California
Fort Bragg, CA
Gloucester County, NJ
Kansas City, KS/MO
Salt Lake City
San Antonio, Texas
San Francisco, CA
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Bath and North East Somerset
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Gisborne, New Zealand
Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England
Hyderabad and Secunderabad
View Inactive Chapters
Wall of Films
Sign Up / Log In
Do you know why the the Spanish Congress was surrounded by people on #25s? Read the Manifesto
The People of Spain
Editors Note: This document was loosely translated from Spanish, so you can expect the translation will be a bit off in parts
Manifesto #25s surround the Congress
We, ordinary people are fed up to live with the consequences of a system conditioned by and forced to adapt itself to the markets, which is in every respect insupportable, and has led us to be victims of a large scale scam which has caused this crisis. We unify in order to edit this manifesto. We invite every citizen to unify themselves with the claims we are making in this manifesto.
We perceive that the current situation has exceed all tolerable limits and that we are victims of an attack without former precedents from the side of economical powers, who are using the crisis as an excuse. This is ruining our lives and those to blame are them who present themselves as an untouchable oligarchy. This with the complicity of all political forces represented in the parliament, who are manipulating the powers of the State by maintaining their privileges and excessive and illegitimate enrichment.
There is no way to hide that we live in a gigantic social fraud, with governments systematically betraying us by doing exactly the opposite as promised in their electoral statements, just as there isn’t any justice in the tribunals against bankers, politicians and business men who are guilty of the current situation. We just have to look in order to see how this structure of vicious and immoral power creates policies that end our rights and destroy our lives, and in order to see how we are victims of an unfair repression when demanding a change of the situation.
We believe that the problem is of such a big seize and the roots such profound that any solution will not be founded in reforms based in the actual political system. Therefore we demand:
– The dismissal of the entire government, as well as the dismissal of the Court and the Leadership of the State, because of betraying the country and the whole community of citizens. This was done in premeditation and is leading us to the disaster.
– The beginning of a constitutional process in a transparent and democratic way, with the goal of composing a new Constitution. We want to do this with the participation of the whole community of citizens, in such a way that the result will be their own, because we don’t recognize any democratic character in the actual constitution and laws. On the contrary these are drawn by a selected group behind the people’s back and confirm the domination of the heirs of the Franquismo era (the period during dictator Franco ruled) and those agreeing with them. It has to be the people who determine the model of social organization in whom they desire to live – not the opposite way.
– The audit and control of the public debt of Spain, with moratorium (delay) of debt’s payment until there is a clear demarcation of the parts which not have to be paid by the nation, because they have been served private interests using the country for their own goals, instead the well being of the whole Spanish community. Equally we demand the prosecution of all this persons who show and present themselves as suspicious of such moves, and we demand that they guarantee and pay with their own goods in the case they appear to be guilty.
– The reform of the electoral law, with the design of a new electoral process, in order to really represent the people’s will before any election which will be necessary to supply the development of a constitutional process of democracy.
– The immediate abolition of all cuts and all reforms taken against the well fare state with the excuse of the crisis, which set up limits to the population’s rights and freedoms, not only because they mean a disaster for the country, but also because they have been consisting out of taxes betraying the will of the people.
– A profound tax reform, which is making to pay more by those gaining more benefits of society. We equally demand the abolition of the fiscal amnesty ordered by the government, since these injustice is a real mockery for those who pay honestly.
– The abolition of all the privileges of those holding a political or public position, and the introduction of efficient mechanisms controlling the performance of those positions.
– The immediate paralysis of all forced evictions (forced leaving of homes), and to put at the population’s disposal those houses belonging to the banks and companies who have been helped by public funds.
– The creation of new jobs, which first premise will be the sustainability, and whose goal will be the development of humanity, as well as a form of management appropriate and adapted to the disposable jobs such that populations can work in order to live – instead of being forced to live in order to work. It is a tremendous hoax when over and over saying we have to work more, a fallacy supported by the greed of the big interests but contrary to the interests of the ordinary people.
For all this above explained we make a call to the population on the 25 of September 2012 to manifest in an undefined form at the gates of the Congress in order to obtain the dismissal of the Government and to make the beginning of a Constitutional Process, by making this call of unification of all the fights, strives and wrestling for a more fair Society.
We are the overwhelming majority, we are the people, we are right, we will not tolerate this and we will not be walked all over.
If you enjoyed this, read more at acampadabcninternacional.wordpress.com >>
Added Sep 26th, 2012 by
Films For Action
You Might Like
Madrid On The Brink: S25 - S29
8 min · This short film chronicles the events of September 25-29th in Madrid, Spain where tens of thousands of people have taken to the streets to demand the resignation of the government and an end to police brutality. Many of the protests ended in clashes with the police. Read...
2 min · Right now, across the country, our two major political parties are gearing up for a once-a-decade war whose winner will control Congress for the next ten years, and possibly more. There will be battles in every state, and each will be kept carefully hidden from the prying...
Democratic Womanism: A Poem by Alice Walker
7 min · With less than 40 days to go before the 2012 presidential election, poet and activist Alice Walker reads her new poem, "Democratic Womanism," on Democracy Now. Full transcript here: You ask me why I smilewhen you tell me you intendin the coming national electionsto hold your...
Bailout Protest - Lawrence, KS
4 min · Bailout protest on October 10th, the first of many. The people are waking up. Unlikely individuals are teaming up. We've had enough and the message is spreading in the streets. Dennis Moore, local to Lawrence's 3rd District in the House of Representatives voted twice to...
Polls Show People Are Concerned About The Truth Of 9/11
3 min · Over the years, several polls have been conducted that show a majority of people are concerned about the truth of 9/11. In August 2004, 911Truth.org commissioned Zogby International for a poll that concluded "half (49.3%) of New York City residents and 41% of New York...
comments powered by Disqus.
comments powered by
US Soldier: "The Real Terrorist Was Me And The Real Terrorism Is This Occupation"
The Invention of Capitalism: How a Self-Sufficient Peasantry was Whipped Into Industrial Wage Slaves
Wake Up Call: End the Nightmare of Consumption
The Next 10 Years Will Be Very Unlike the Last 10 Years
Akala and Frankie Boyle Discuss Structural Racism in Britain
War Made Easy (2007)
John Pilger: "There Is No War On Terror... There Is A War OF Terror."
First We Take Barcelona...
Can We Do It Ourselves? (2015)
A Minority Pastime (2015)
A Science Of Teaching (2015)
Last Call At The Oasis (2012)
RESIST: The Unist'ot'en's Call To The Land (2013)
The Bloom Episode 3: New Ways of the Sacred
The Soil Solution To Climate Change (2013)
Paris Is Burning (1990)
Elections & Democracy
Like us on Facebook?
I already like Films For Action
We recommend using Facebook so we can connect you with your existing friends on Films For Action.
We will never post anything without your permission.
Log in with Facebook
Log in with Email
Add Local News
Add Local Event