Wall of Films
Log In With Email
Log In With Facebook
Want to change the world? Start a chapter in your city:
Fort Bragg, CA
Kansas City, KS/MO
San Antonio, Texas
San Francisco, CA
Athens ( Αθήνα)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hyderabad and Secunderabad
View Inactive Chapters
Do you know why the the Spanish Congress was surrounded by people on #25s? Read the Manifesto
To Fall in Love With Anyone, Do This
The Likely Cause of Addiction Has Been Discovered, and It Is Not What You Think
John Lennon's "Imagine," Made Into A Comic Strip
These Men Kept Harassing Women On The Streets, Until One Day This Happened... Mom?!
Argentina: The Country That Monsanto Poisoned
'American Sniper' Is Dangerous Propaganda That Sanitizes a Mass Killer & Rewrites the Iraq War
Koch Brothers EXPOSED: 2014
In 1969, a Boy Snuck into John Lennon's Hotel Room with a Recorder. It Went Like This.
Sweatshop: Deadly Fashion (2014)
Koch Brothers EXPOSED: 2014
Defenders of the Spirit Forest (2014)
The Super-Rich and Us (2015)
Inequality For All (2013)
The Norden - Police (2014)
Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism (2004)
Generation Jobless (2014)
By The People of Spain
Editors Note: This document was loosely translated from Spanish, so you can expect the translation will be a bit off in parts
Manifesto #25s surround the Congress
We, ordinary people are fed up to live with the consequences of a system conditioned by and forced to adapt itself to the markets, which is in every respect insupportable, and has led us to be victims of a large scale scam which has caused this crisis. We unify in order to edit this manifesto. We invite every citizen to unify themselves with the claims we are making in this manifesto.
We perceive that the current situation has exceed all tolerable limits and that we are victims of an attack without former precedents from the side of economical powers, who are using the crisis as an excuse. This is ruining our lives and those to blame are them who present themselves as an untouchable oligarchy. This with the complicity of all political forces represented in the parliament, who are manipulating the powers of the State by maintaining their privileges and excessive and illegitimate enrichment.
There is no way to hide that we live in a gigantic social fraud, with governments systematically betraying us by doing exactly the opposite as promised in their electoral statements, just as there isn’t any justice in the tribunals against bankers, politicians and business men who are guilty of the current situation. We just have to look in order to see how this structure of vicious and immoral power creates policies that end our rights and destroy our lives, and in order to see how we are victims of an unfair repression when demanding a change of the situation.
We believe that the problem is of such a big seize and the roots such profound that any solution will not be founded in reforms based in the actual political system. Therefore we demand:
– The dismissal of the entire government, as well as the dismissal of the Court and the Leadership of the State, because of betraying the country and the whole community of citizens. This was done in premeditation and is leading us to the disaster.
– The beginning of a constitutional process in a transparent and democratic way, with the goal of composing a new Constitution. We want to do this with the participation of the whole community of citizens, in such a way that the result will be their own, because we don’t recognize any democratic character in the actual constitution and laws. On the contrary these are drawn by a selected group behind the people’s back and confirm the domination of the heirs of the Franquismo era (the period during dictator Franco ruled) and those agreeing with them. It has to be the people who determine the model of social organization in whom they desire to live – not the opposite way.
– The audit and control of the public debt of Spain, with moratorium (delay) of debt’s payment until there is a clear demarcation of the parts which not have to be paid by the nation, because they have been served private interests using the country for their own goals, instead the well being of the whole Spanish community. Equally we demand the prosecution of all this persons who show and present themselves as suspicious of such moves, and we demand that they guarantee and pay with their own goods in the case they appear to be guilty.
– The reform of the electoral law, with the design of a new electoral process, in order to really represent the people’s will before any election which will be necessary to supply the development of a constitutional process of democracy.
– The immediate abolition of all cuts and all reforms taken against the well fare state with the excuse of the crisis, which set up limits to the population’s rights and freedoms, not only because they mean a disaster for the country, but also because they have been consisting out of taxes betraying the will of the people.
– A profound tax reform, which is making to pay more by those gaining more benefits of society. We equally demand the abolition of the fiscal amnesty ordered by the government, since these injustice is a real mockery for those who pay honestly.
– The abolition of all the privileges of those holding a political or public position, and the introduction of efficient mechanisms controlling the performance of those positions.
– The immediate paralysis of all forced evictions (forced leaving of homes), and to put at the population’s disposal those houses belonging to the banks and companies who have been helped by public funds.
– The creation of new jobs, which first premise will be the sustainability, and whose goal will be the development of humanity, as well as a form of management appropriate and adapted to the disposable jobs such that populations can work in order to live – instead of being forced to live in order to work. It is a tremendous hoax when over and over saying we have to work more, a fallacy supported by the greed of the big interests but contrary to the interests of the ordinary people.
For all this above explained we make a call to the population on the 25 of September 2012 to manifest in an undefined form at the gates of the Congress in order to obtain the dismissal of the Government and to make the beginning of a Constitutional Process, by making this call of unification of all the fights, strives and wrestling for a more fair Society.
We are the overwhelming majority, we are the people, we are right, we will not tolerate this and we will not be walked all over.
Rate This Article
4.0 · 1 rating
Added September 26th at 6:50 pm by
Films For Action
Republished from acampadabcninternacional.wordpress.com >>
· Read more:
elections & democracy
comments powered by Disqus.
comments powered by
You Might Be Interested In
Madrid On The Brink: S25 - S29
8 min · This short film chronicles the events of September 25-29th in Madrid, Spain where tens of thousands of people have taken to the streets to demand the resignation of the government and an end to police brutality. Many of the protests ended in clashes with the police. Read...
2 min · Right now, across the country, our two major political parties are gearing up for a once-a-decade war whose winner will control Congress for the next ten years, and possibly more. There will be battles in every state, and each will be kept carefully hidden from the prying...
Democratic Womanism: A Poem by Alice Walker
7 min · With less than 40 days to go before the 2012 presidential election, poet and activist Alice Walker reads her new poem, "Democratic Womanism," on Democracy Now. Full transcript here: You ask me why I smilewhen you tell me you intendin the coming national electionsto hold your...
Bailout Protest - Lawrence, KS
4 min · Bailout protest on October 10th, the first of many. The people are waking up. Unlikely individuals are teaming up. We've had enough and the message is spreading in the streets. Dennis Moore, local to Lawrence's 3rd District in the House of Representatives voted twice to...
Polls Show People Are Concerned About The Truth Of 9/11
3 min · Over the years, several polls have been conducted that show a majority of people are concerned about the truth of 9/11. In August 2004, 911Truth.org commissioned Zogby International for a poll that concluded "half (49.3%) of New York City residents and 41% of New York...
56 min · PRICELE$$ is a filmmaker’s personal journey across America to answer a burning question: why are some of our government’s most basic policies, like food and energy, so out-of-date . . . and can anything be done about it? Sharing the suspicion of fellow-citizens, including a...
Rethink Afghanistan (2009)
65 min · Rethink Afghanistan is a ground-breaking, full-length documentary focusing on the key issues surrounding this war. By releasing this film in parts for free online, we are able to stay on top of news of the war as it continues to unfold. We hope to raise critical questions...
2 min · Thanks to the Supreme Court and Citizens United, the same big corporations and billionaires that destroyed our economy and caused millions of us to lose our jobs and homes, are spending obscene amounts to drown out our voices in elections and take over our government.But...
RiP! A Remix Manifesto (2009)
80 min · In RiP: A Remix Manifesto, Web activist and filmmaker Brett Gaylor explores issues of copyright in the information age, mashing up the media landscape of the 20th century and shattering the wall between users and producers.The films central protagonist is Girl Talk, a mash-up...
The Secret of Oz: How to Fix the 2010 Depression (trailer)
4 min · How important is this issue worldwide? Having private banks create money is the root cause of all world poverty, hunger, disease and misery. And until we fix it, we will never be able to make a dent in these other issues. We can fix this. We can fix it in a matter of months...
Thom Hartmann: The story of the 5 Kings who rule America
10 min · America does not belong to Kings - she belongs to the people. It's time for Congress and our President to step up and put the Supreme Court back on equal footing with the rest of our branches of government. They need to pass a law ending Judicial Review - take that power away...
Jekyll Island: The Truth Behind The Federal Reserve (2013)
120 min · What's the problem with the world economy? It's debt -- too much personal debt -- too much corporate debt -- and most importantly, too much government debt. "People have a natural tendency to want to spend now and pay later. They will usually take any type of loans offered...
After the Encampments: #OCCUPYMIGRATION and #OCCUPYHOMES
Micah White · The history of activism is a cat-and-mouse game of surprising tactical innovations that spark an insurrectionary situation and the counterstrategies developed to put down the revolt. In 1848, the invention of the barricade toppled the King of France and sparked a Europe-wide...
Progressives and the Ron Paul fallacies
Glenn Greenwald · As I’ve written about before, America’s election season degrades mainstream political discourse even beyond its usual lowly state. The worst attributes of our political culture — obsession with trivialities, the dominance of horserace “reporting,” and mindless partisan...
How Brazil Is Blazing A Trail For Electronic Democracy
Gregory Ferenstein · In the land of all-night samba clubs and soccer fanatics, Brazil is throwing its famously high-energy spirit into the untested waters of online democracy. Multimillion dollar budgets are being handed over to online “town halls,” and the federal government is crowdsourcing...
Los Angeles becomes the first major US city to vote against corporate personhood
Move to Amend · Hundreds of Citizens Pack Council Chambers, Council Votes Unanimously to Support the “Move to Amend” LOS ANGELES, CA – After forty-five minutes of public testimony urging a yes vote, the Los Angeles City Council voted unanimously to support a resolution calling on Congress...
President Obama Signs Indefinite Detention Into Law
Amanda Simon · President Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) today, allowing indefinite detention to be codified into law. As you know, the White House had threatened to veto an earlier version of the NDAA but reversed course shortly before Congress voted on the final...
Teaching People to Hate Their Own Govt. Is at the Core of the Project to Destroy the Middle Class
Dennis Marker · The following is an excerpt from Dennis Marker's new book 15 Steps to Corporate Feudalism, published this year. In the text below, Marker shares one of the steps he sees as central to the destruction of the middle class since Ronald Reagan took over. Your goal for this...
7 Ways You Can Help Clean Energy Eat Big Oil’s Lunch
Asher Miller · Bill McKibben and the folks at350.org have decided to target the pernicious financial influence of the fossil fuel industry and its front groups. On the day following the election, they kicked off a 21-city “Do the Math” tourto “mount an unprecedented campaign to cut off the...
Tell Congress: Investigate Egypt's Internet Crackdown
Films For Action
· Egypt's Mubarak regime today shut down Internet and cell phone communications before launching a violent crackdown against protesters. Free Press has just discovered that one American company — Boeing-owned Narus of Sunnyvale, Calif. — has sold Egypt "Deep Packet...
Like us on Facebook?
I already like Films For Action
We recommend using Facebook so we can connect you with your existing friends on Films For Action.
We will never post anything without your permission.
Log in with Facebook
Log in with Email