Jan 25, 2012
The 2012 Fair is coming soon! It's free for all ages.
More than 1,200 visitors came to last year's fair, and we expect a similar turnout this year for this wonderful event.
The fair will include a seed exchange, exhibits, local producers and a children's activity center. Food from the Lawrence restaurant Local Burger will be available for purchase throughout the day, and tables will be set up near the kitchen. Experts on seed saving will be on hand throughout the day to answer questions.
The Kaw Valley Seeds Project is a nonprofit whose mission is to create a Local Living Seed Reserve by fostering a network of people committed to growing and eating, sharing and bartering, buying and selling primary seed varieties of the Kansas River Valley. In addition, our goal is to educate the general public on the pleasures of growing their own food by teaching them how to save, store and plant seeds from their own gardens, and where to obtain organic and local seed lines.
Local Burger will be selling food at the Fair again this year!
The following vendors (as of Jan. 25) will be at the fair -- more to come:
* Blossom Trails Bee Ranch
* The Merc
* Cottin's Hardware
* Crum's Heirlooms
* Dianna Rogers
* Douglas County Child Development Association
* Douglas County Extension Master Gardeners
* Earl May Nursery and Garden Center
* Four Winds Garden
* Grassland Heritage Foundation -- making seed bombs for kids
* JCCC - Center for Sustainability
* Kansas Area Watershed Council
* Kansas Native Plant Society
* Kansas Rural Center
* Kaw Permaculture Collaborative
* Kaw Valley Herbs Study Group
* KU Student Farm
* KU Environs
* La Petite Local Foods
* Lawrence Fruit Tree Project
* Laura Ramberg Pottery
* MAD Farm
* New Boston Coop
* Ogden Publications (Mother Earth News and other great pubs)
* Peter's Farm
* Pickles Not Pipebombs
* Prairie Moon Waldorf School Okanis Garden
* Stony Ridge Farm
* Sunrise Nursery and Garden Center
* Sustainability Action Network
* Upward Spirals
* Vajra Farm
* Wetlands Preservation Organization (WPO)