By Saf Suleyman
Mar 27, 2012
Stand in solidarity with the people of Syria calling and dying for their freedom and right to choose their leaders.
The idea is very simple, but potentially very powerful:
Imagine if a million people spoke the words "I Support The Syrian Revolution"?
Our aim is to collect as many videos as possible of people from all over the world declaring their support for the Syrian revolution.
Record a video of yourself (and then your friends, family, and anyone else you can find) saying where you are from and the simple line : 'I support the Syrian revolution'.
Seeing and hearing a human is so much more powerful than reading a growing total of signatures or likes, or even reading an email, however persuasive.
We don't discourage you from doing those things, but do this first.
The immediacy and sincerity of each declaration and the undeniable uniqueness of each person taking part will make the project a truly spectacular and humbling testament to human compassion.
Follow the campaign:
10 SIMPLE VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS...
Here are some tips for making an effective video:
1. CAMERA - First you’ll need a camera. A camera phone is probably best as it gives us the right level of quality for space on the website and is easier for you to use.
2. SCRIPT – Very simple: ‘I am from… (locality/city/country) and I support the Syrian revolution’
3. EYES - Look straight into the camera.
4. LIGHT - Shoot in a space that isn’t too dark, but not glaringly over-exposed
5. NOISE - Make sure the audio quality is good. Minimal background noise. No muffled voices etc.
6. SPREAD THE WORD - You can record your own video alone or get together with a group of friends. Whatever you choose, the main aim is to get people talking and thinking about the situation in Syria!
7. GET CREATIVE!!!- It doesn't just have to be you standing in front of the camera, you can present the message in ANY way you like or can think of. Variety is the spice of life!
8. DELIVERY - Just email your clips to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. JUST THE BEGINNGING - It doesn’t end there. Why not help others shoot their videos or spread the word online by sharing these instructions or linking to the youtube or facebook page through email or social media. Or if you have other ideas for the campaign, why not get more involved and help make this huge. We really need help of ALL kinds, so just drop us an email and get involved.
10. THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH – with a little bit of time and effort this could REALLY make a difference.