By Adam Roberts
Apr 10, 2014
2. The Ivory Tower
Because you need a graduate degree to fight the patriarchy.
3. The Waffle
I’m still weighing my options. Cause I have a lot of them!
4. The Space Cadet
Wait, we have to do stuff now?
5. The Stage Hog
Cause it’s about ME.
7. The All-Knowing Activist
Oh, you brought … meat.
8. The My Big Idea Can Solve Everything
9. The Incessant Privilege Checker
10. Because, really … in one way or another, these could all be me.
As a young person with class privilege, I’ve made — or come close to making — every single one of these mistakes.
11. And it’s sometimes easier to call out others than to share my own real vulnerabilities or screw ups.
Or to recognize my class privileges (connections, time, skills, $$), and put them to effective use.
12. That’s why I’m super glad there are resources out there for young people with financial wealth and/or class privilege on how to better support movements for social justice.
Like the organization that inspired me to write this: Resource Generation.
13. And so many things we can do, as young people with financial wealth and/or class privilege, to more effectively leverage our resources for social change.
Which is probably cause itself for another list.
14. And the best part of it all? Everyone gets a great big cookie at the end.
Just kidding! There’s no cookie.