Our general guideline is: only add the best of the best, and filter out the rest.
We want Films For Action to be a clearinghouse for the ideas, knowledge and perspectives essential to creating a more just and sustainable world.
Before posting something, use the search bar above to type the first couple words of the title for the content you want to add to make sure someone hasn't already added it.
NEW: Content can now be submitted in any language! (Simply tag your submission with the correct language when you add the content.)
We look for content that:
- Has a long "shelf-life," containing information and ideas that will remain relevant and useful for people browsing the archives of the subject tag(s) that the content was filed under (months or ideally years later)
- Cover the progress of social & environmental movements
- Is of general global interest, regardless of where the person lives
- Has the potential to go viral with a large audience (5 star content)
- Focus on the root problems that affect social progress and the main bottlenecks impeding change
- Has been ignored, censored, misrepresented, or under-covered by the mainstream media
- Focus on the root solutions that will break the bottlenecks, getting right to the root problems
- Cover stories of people living and building the world they want, now
- Are fairly non-partisan and avoids unnecessary antagonism, divisionary rhetoric, fear-mongering, hype, etc
- Expands our ability to experience universal empathy and compassion for all people and the planet, and avoids appeals that reinforce artificial divisions (including nationality, political affiliation, race, culture, religion, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, immigrant status, etc)
- Do not rely on over-the-top, in-your-face emotional appeals or hyperbolic presentation to make thier points.
- Offers a fresh or alternative perspective that steps outside of the established "frame" of debate
- Is incredibly well made or well written - If the ideas are great but the presentation is poor, find the content in a form that makes the same points but with a more polished, engaging and entertaining presentation
- Is intellectually honest
- Cover issues that people can take action on
Don't cheat the system...
Please do not ask your friends to up-vote your submissions or create dummy-accounts to up-vote your submissions. Let our impartial community and staff decide what to feature. Users that skew the voting process risk getting their content hidden and posting privileges removed.
Rule: Only publish one article or video per day.
This is designed so the site doesn't seem to be dominated by one person. If you have several things you'd like to publish, choose the best or most topical item first, then choose the next best item the next day.
Make sure that at least two other articles or videos have been published by other members between your first and your next post. We don't want to see two articles by the same person, one on top of the other. Our library functions best with a mix of submissions from a variety of authors.
Tips on adding Actions
The Take Action section is about DOING.
Actions are specific actions that anyone can do, either individually or as a group.
All actions should be non-local. That is, regardless of where someone lives, they should be able to participate in a meaningful way.
Publishing an orginal writing and new to the process?