Some Children Are More Equal than Others: Education in South Africa

Two decades after Apartheid was apolished, Some Children are More Equal than Others focuses on how the educational system in South Africa relates to the flagrant inequalities in the country and its still growing wealth-gap.  In a nutshell, education in SA operates as a "Tale of two Systems." On the one hand there are 20 % of privileged people who send their children to a functioning schooling system. On the other hand, education is drastically failing 80 % of the children in South Africa.  This self-perpetuating circle results in over 50 % youth-unemployment. The serious challenge of fixing the educational system is over-due and it is up to everyone to stand up for their right for basic education, a right enshrined in the constitution of South Africa.  Some Children are More Equal... read more
0.0 ·
0
Trending Today
MP Says Government is Intentionally Making People Destitute to Prevent Organised Opposition
2 min26,776 views today ·
Every Town Needs a Remakery
Jeremy Williams15,586 views today ·
Stressed out? This Weird, Relaxing And Life-Affirming Video May Be Just What You Need
3 min12,470 views today ·
Have We Been Denying Our Human Nature for Four Hundred Years?
Lynn Parramore11,993 views today ·
How Wolves Change Rivers
4 min6,898 views today ·
Revolution and American Indians: “Marxism is as Alien to My Culture as Capitalism”
Russell Means6,810 views today ·
Love is Not Something That You Do - It is Something That You Can Become
1 min5,033 views today ·
Visit Hawai'i - The Occupied State
2 min4,926 views today ·
A Letter to Extremists
Nafeez Ahmed4,117 views today ·
Load More
New
'Disaster': Trump Administration Signs off on Keystone XL Pipeline
Nika Knight
Escape From Syria - Faiza's Story
5 min
A Letter to Extremists
Nafeez Ahmed
Muslims This, ISIS That
3 min
Visit Hawai'i - The Occupied State
2 min
Musician Macka B. Schools Us on Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet
4 min
Carnage (2017)
65 min
Why Recognizing Our Own Privilege Can Be so Hard
Chris Agnos
Love is Not Something That You Do - It is Something That You Can Become
1 min
Load More
What's Next
We Don't Need #BandAid30 - African Musicians Made A Song Already
Africa is a Country
Occupy KwaMashu - Shack Dwellers Evicted Ahead of UN Climate Conference
2 min
Eco-Schools: Creating Future Environmental Leaders
6 min
Like us on Facebook?
Some Children Are More Equal than Others: Education in South Africa