One blade of grass, one drop of dew 一枝草 一點露
2012: LoSheng樂生 vs RTC捷運局(1), vs Taipei City Hall北市府(2~4)
2013: Losheng樂生 Taipei Rally北市大遊行(5~12), vs MRT HUILONG捷運迴龍站(13), Ghost Festival中元祭(15)
2014: LoSheng樂生 vs Taipei City Hall北市府(16~17)
Losheng Sanatorium 樂生療養院 is a hospital for lepers, located in Xinzhuang District, New Taipei City, Taiwan. Losheng means "happy life" was constructed in the 1930s during the Japanese colonial period. At present there has been heated debates and protests about the plans to replace Losheng Sanatorium with a MRT (Mass Rapid Transport) depot.
Reasons to preserve Losheng Sanatorium:
- Waste of money: 3/5 of the depot site needs to be built on flatland; therefore $90 million (USD) will be spent on flattening and improving the soil.
- Disaster for the environment: After flattening the mountain, a ten-story retaining wall will remain, destroying the natural environment.
- Safety concern: The future depot will be situated upon earth faults.
- Ravaged historical site: The Losheng Sanatorium is an important cultural asset for people in East Asia. The depot construction will turn it all into dust.
- Ordeal for patients: The patients are forced to leave the place they spent their lives, suffering mentally and physically from the displacement.
- Autocratic decision-making: The MRT Department never inquired the needs of Losheng patients—the 'residents' of the site—which is a violation of fundamental human rights.
- World Heritage site: It has witnessed the inhumane treatment (such as discrimination and compulsory quarantine) of the lepers, who had undergone 70 years of government oppression.
#Taiwan Brief History 台灣簡史：
-1895~1945: Japanese colonial period. 日本治台50年。
-1947: KMT (Chinese Nationalist Party) retreated from China civil war to occupy Taiwan & initiated ROC (apart from PROC) with a martial law. Over hundreds of thousands of Taiwanese were tortured, killed or vanished in 4 decades of White Terror (unidentified for Top Classified). 國民黨自中國內戰被推翻後，以中華民國之名撤退/殖民/接管台灣，實行戒嚴專制約半世紀，#二二八 #白色恐怖 時期，被刑求/屠殺/失蹤的民眾難以估計（自數千至數十萬人數因國安理由未能公開）。
-1971: PROC China claimed ROC Taiwan ownership from UN. China regards Taiwan as a rebel region that must be reunited by force if necessary. 聯合國決議一個中國，佔領台灣的中華民國從此喪失國際主權。
-1992: Taiwan & China became "1 country 2 systems" according to PROC-ROC secret agreement. 國民黨開始倡導模稜兩可的 #一中各表 #一國兩治。
-2000: With the election of President Chen Shui-bian from the opposition Democratic Progressive Party, Taiwan changed from One Party Dictatorship into Corporatocracy, as most of the financial & political power still controlled by KMT. 雖有首位民選總統陳水扁，但民進黨並未積極 #轉型正義，而國民黨仍舊掌握大多數資源，台灣由一黨獨裁變成權貴政治。
-2008: Corruption allegations undermined Mr Chen's popularity and contributed to the DPP's loss to a resurgent KMT. 民進黨爆發貪瀆，執政權回歸國民黨。
-2014: #OccupyCongress (0318~0424) by students, activists, NGOs & pro-Taiwan independent groups united to fight the tyranny China Trade Pacts & the systemic corruption of KMT government, turned into the national Sunflower Movement. 以台北社運圈為中心的反服貿運動，在318佔領立法院後壯大為全島響應的太陽花運動。
-2015: New generation start to use citizen power calling for changes, such as the legislative, constitutional and educational reform. There is no turning back for democracy Taiwan. 新生代受到太陽花運動鼓舞, 公民運動與投入政治開始蔚為風潮。
Films For Action empowers citizens with the information we need to help create a more just, sustainable, and democratic society.
We receive no government or corporate funding and rely on our supporters to keep us going. Donate today.