The End of Polio is within reach.
Together, we can make it reality.
Our generation stands on the brink of eradicating the second human disease in history.
Polio - a disease which has disabled millions and pulled individuals further into poverty - has been reduced by 99% over the past 30 years, and its end is within our reach.
Global efforts have delivered incredible progress: immunising more than 2 billion children and saving more than 5 million children from life-long paralysis or death.
But right now the critical work of the Global Polio Eradication Initiative is constrained by a US$590 million funding gap, putting this historic opportunity at risk.
Join us and help build the public support needed to help make the end of polio a reality.
The End of Polio is a grassroots campaign coordinated by the Global Poverty Project, in support of global polio eradication efforts led by the Global Polio Eradication Initiative, Rotary International, UNICEF, the World Health Organisation, and the Gates Foundation. You can see a full list of our supporters and partners here.
We are campaigning for:
- Full funding of the Global Polio Eradication Initiative, which currently faces a US$590m funding gap for implementing its strategic plan in 2011-12. (more...)
- Donations to Rotary International to meet their current US$200m fundraising goal from the public. (more...)
Commencing July 2011, The End of Polio campaign is:
- Asking you to demonstrate your support by signing onto The End of Polio petition
- Meeting with key decision-makers to ask our governments to give to the GPEI and commit to realising the end of polio.
- Sharing the remarkable stories of progress in fighting polio through the media and online.
- Holding events to demonstrate support for ending polio.