By Tim Hjersted
Jan 4, 2011
Now that the new site has been up for a couple months, help us spread the word >>
Our vision to provide a vibrant alternative learning library can only be achieved with your support and involvement, because this project is really about you, and all of us working together to change the media by becoming the media ourselves.
Here are 6 ways you can amplify our impact:
1. Regularly share videos, headlines and actions with your friends on Facebook, Stumble Upon, Twitter, ReEdit, and other social media using the share buttons on every content page. Become a walking, talking distro of quality information that your friends can trust. Who needs FOX and CNN when you've got your friends?
2. Join and invite All of your friends to our Facebook Page by clicking the "Suggest to Friends" link on the left column of our page.
3. Invite 50 to 150 of your Lawrence, KS friends to our Lawrence Facebook group to stay current on up-coming events, campaign updates, and strategy communiques. Our goal is to reach 5000 Lawrence members by the end of this year. Easily doable with your help.
4. Create a Stumble Upon account if you haven't already and Thumb Up and review our Homepage and Online Films page, as well as various content on the site you really like periodically as you discover it. A few dozen positive stumble ratings could send us tens of thousands of new visitors.
5. Email this message or something like it to 5 to 20 close friends that are down for the cause.
6. Recommend the site personally to everyone you know in your daily life: friends, family, teachers, students, co-workers, strangers, powerful people in high places, you know, cover all the bases.
Our goals for the year are:
- 15,000 Site Members
- 20,000 Facebook fans
- 5,000 Lawrence Facebook Group members
- 15,000 Twitter followers
- 50,000 Site Visitors a Month
- 50+ City Chapters current or in the works
Let's wake up the world!