By Films For Action
Sep 13, 2011
This tutorial video offers step by step instructions on how to add an independent news headline. Headlines are news stories, editorials, or articles that are republished from other sources. Adding content to the site is easy and takes under 2 minutes once you're familiar with the process.
We want Films For Action to be a clearinghouse for the ideas, information and perspectives essential to creating a more just and sustainable world.
Before posting something, please do search for the title of the content you want to add to make sure someone hasn't already added it.
A Few Quick Tips
We look for content that:
- Has been ignored, censored, mis-represented, or under-covered by the mainstream media
- Feature stories covering the progress of social & environmental movements
- Is in English or has English sub-titles
- Is of national and general interest, regardless of where the person lives.
- Has the potential to go viral with a large audience - if you can't see lots of people wanting to share it, it's probably not up to snuff
- Focus on the root problems that affect social progress and the main bottlenecks impeding change
- Focus on the root solutions that will break the bottlenecks, getting right to the root problems
- Cover stories of people living and building the world they want, now
- Are fairly non-partisan and avoids unnecessary antagonism, divisionary rhetoric, fear-mongering, hype, etc
- Offers a fresh or alternative perspective that steps outside of the established "frame" of debate
- Has a long "shelf-life," containing information and ideas that will remain relevant and useful for people browsing the archives of the subject tag(s) that the content was filed under
- Is incredibly well written - If the ideas are great but the presentation is poor, find the content in a form that makes the same points but with a more polished, engaging presentation