Apr 26, 2011
The Kaw Valley Transition Initiative is addressing climate disruption and peak oil inflation at the local level, a relocalization effort similar to hundreds around the globe. Wednesday's meeting will be a round table sharing of people's vision, resources, and skills that can contribute to furthering Transition Kaw Valley.
- Michael Morely welcomes people and will briefly introduce SAN and the TKV offshoot and focus on participation as opposed to attendance
- Introductions from people asking them to describe what gets them going and what their activist experience is
- Tools and resources available with a quick look at the Transition Handbook
- What it will take to get a Lawrence TKV to become an official Transition Town
- Visioning and next meeting
The Transition movement was begun by Rob Hopkins in Great Britain, and in the U.S. is coordinated by Transition US based in Sebastapol CA. They help local initiatives with resources and publications, and they have trainers available to conduct local training sessions. For more info, or to get on the S.A.N. Transition Kaw Valley e-mail list, contact them at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.