Aug 30, 2014
Last fall Veterans Memorial Plaza saw over 1,000 people celebrating the sights, sounds, and spirit that represent the many extraordinary faith traditions that call the Hoosier state their home. This year, with a focus on youth and families, expect to double or even triple that number.
Five reasons you should go
- Klezmer band + dancing Sikhs
- The Festival is free, but bring some $ for funky food
- According to many recent studies, Americans between the ages of 18-34 are both more spiritual and less religious than older generations. They are more likely to say they “talk to God” than their elders, but much less likely to belong to organized religions. Are these “SBNRs” (“spiritual but not religious”) or the future of America? How do “nones” talk to each other about issues such as social justice, a higher purpose, and living a meaningful life? Join a lively dialogue of young people of different faiths as well those who seek a deeper sense of spirituality without belong to organized faiths.
- Bring a bit more $, vendors will be selling wholesome products from around the world
- You’ll never look at religious Indy the same again