By Stacy Green
Feb 2, 2016
Such a document as a letter of motivation in English helps your employment and prestigious education. That is why, when writing letters, remember the main rule:
- Commission evaluated different letters on different criteria
- The mention of the short and long term training purposes is welcomed
- Description of personal experience and achievements is always necessary
- Brief description of the study and the achievements in this area - it is necessary
What do the selection committee like? What you need to write in a motivation letter? What is worth mentioning, when you write a motivation letter for a job in a foreign company or entering the university? Anyone who will read your letter, certainly expect that you will give answers to their questions. So do not disappoint the commission.
The motivation letter must be (have):
- analysis of personal qualities (they will be judged, how do you assess yourself, and then others)
- sincerity (false is opened immediately, please note)
- description of the training and motivation (work experience, accomplishments, skills, specific guidance, why did you choose this profession, how do you plan to evolve and improve in this area)
- the existence and validity of the objectives of the program selected (it is important to specify exactly what you want to achieve by learning on the profession and how the learning process will help you achieve your goals)
- the logic of the text. The ability to write well, to properly formulate ideas is also important for admission to university
What does not the selection committee like?
We know what it is better not to write in the motivation letter. First, try to avoid clichés and common things. Do not hide any information of phrases. Second, the letter of motivation in no case should not turn into a retelling of the summary; it should complement the presentation for the members of the selection committee about you. Do not to tell them the same information that they can read in the summary.
Also, avoid dangerous, controversial topics; please refrain them from the presentation (the thoughts on politics or religion, especially if your view is very different from the conventional). Use simple words and phrases, do not complicate the perception of the reader of the text. And most importantly - do not write too much, no one will read about your novel in three volumes. It's just common rules of etiquette in the motivation letter.
About the Author: Stacy Green is a blogger at okessay.co.uk. She writes on a various topics and cooperates with large number of online magazines.